Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Weekly Test/2nd paper


Weekly Test/2nd paper

Full Marks: 45                                                                         Time: 50 minutes.
1.  Change the narrative style of the following text.                                             3 x 5=15
(a)  “My sons, listen to me. A great treasure lies hidden in the land. I am going to
       leave it to you.” “How will we find it? Said the sons. “You must dig the land
       for,” said the old man.
(b)   “You look a little bit like my mother,” he said. “Especially in the dark by the
        fire.” “But you were only four, Jerry, when you came here,” the authoress said.
        “My mother lives in Mannville.”
(c)    “I think you will cut a good figure in the running examination,” Lima said. “It
         is your belief,” said Munira. “Actually my preparation is not satisfactory.” “I
         heard you were suffering from Typhoid.” “Yes, really.”
2.   Complete the sentences:                                                                                  ! x 15= 15
(a)  (i) Wait here until …….. .
      (ii) ….. is not gold.
      (iii) Read diligently lest ….. .
      (iv) It is I who ……. .
      (v) The load is heavy that ……. .
(b)  (i) …… is a continuous process.
      (ii) My hobby is ……. .
      (iii) I like …… .
      (iv) So I hope …….
      (v) If you read more, ……. .
(c)  (i) We work hard so that …… .
      (ii) If we are not industrious, …… .
      (iii) We know the proverb that …… .
      (iv) Everybody praises and honours the person who ….. .
      (v) By ….. everyone can succeed in life.
3.  Make tag questions of these statements.                                                        1 x 15 =15
 (a)  (i) Nobody phoned, …… ?
       (ii) ….. I am happy, …… ?
       (iii) We must eat vegetable, …….. ?
       (iv) Let’s go out, ……. ?
       (v) Don’t boil rice, …… ?
(b)   (i) Man is fond of turning back to the past, …… ?
       (ii) The present may be good, ……. ?
       (iii) But everybody hardly forgets golden past, …… ?
       (iv) Nothing is more pleasant to him than the memories of childhood, …… ?
       (v) The memories of childhood really haunt us, …… ?
(c)   (i) None can ignore his lot, …… ?
        (ii) I am too weak to walk, …… ?
        (iii) How dare you say so, …….. ?
        (iv) Let us do the work, ……. ?
        (v) Happy birthday to you, ………. ?