Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Right Forms Of Verbs Subject-Verb Agreement











Right Forms Of  Verbs
Subject-Verb Agreement
Rule-1: Subject Gi headword Abymv‡i verb e‡m| A_©vr headword singular n‡j verb singular Ges headword plural n‡j verb plural nq| †hgbt
A number of boys (be) present. (were)
Many students (be) there. (were)
A sister of the boys (have) come. (has)
The office of his uncles (be) nice. (is)
Most of the teachers of our country (be) poor. (are)
Note: GKvwaK word wb‡q MwVZ subject Gi †ÿ‡Î subject wUi evsjv A_© Ki‡j evsjvq †h kãwU †k‡l e‡m mvaviYZ H kãwU‡K headword wn‡m‡e aiv hvq| †hgb Any brother – Avgvi fvB, the office of his uncles- Zvi PvPv‡`i Awdm, a sister of the boys- evjK‡`I GKwU †evb| GLv‡b fvB, Awdm, †evb-k㸇jv headword wn‡m‡e e¨eüZ nq| k㸇jv Bs‡iwR ev‡K¨ singular wn‡m‡e Av‡Q| myZivs k㸇jv singular Ges G‡`i c‡i verb I singular n‡q‡Q| Ab¨w`‡K most of the teachers of our country- Avgv‡`i †`‡ki AwaKvsk wkÿK, many students- A‡bK QvÎ| GLv‡b wkÿK I QvÎ-kã `ÕwUi Bs‡iwR teachers I student e¨eüZ n‡q‡Q| teachers I student kã `yÕwU plural nIqvq headword n‡”Q plural Ges G‡`i c‡i verb I n‡q‡Q plural.

Rule-2. mvaviYZ and Øviv hy³ `yB ev Z‡ZvwaK noun/pronoun- †K GK‡Î plural subject aiv nq Ges Gi c‡ii verb I plural nq|
He and I (be) friends. (are)
Rahim and Karim (be) playing. (are)
Rakib and Razib (be) two brothers. (are)
Bread and butter (be) my favourite food. (is)
GLv‡b Bread Ges butter wg‡j GKUv Lvevi eySv‡bv n‡q‡Q|

Rule-3 mvaviYZ and Øviv hy³ `ywU c` Avjv`v `yBRb e¨w³ wb‡`©k Ki‡j `yÕwU c‡`I c~‡e©B the e‡m Ges c‡ii   verb wU plural nq | wKš‘, `yÕwU c` GKB e¨w³ wb‡`©k Ki‡I ïay cÖ_g c`wUi c~‡e© the e‡m Ges c‡ii verb wU singular nq| †hgbt-
The headmaster and the secretary of our school (be) present. (were)
The magistrate and judge (be) present. (was)

Rule-4. Each, every, any, no, more than one, none/no one BZ¨vw`  subject ev subject Gi Ask n‡j G‡`i c‡i noun/pronoun- Ges  verb singular nq| Avevi, each of (the), one of (the), either of (the), neither of (the), none of (the) BZ¨vw`i c‡i noun/pronoun plural n‡e| wKš‘ verb singular  n‡e| †hgbt-
No bus and no train (be) seen. (was)
Neither of the girls (be) beautiful. (was)

Rule-5. As well as, with, along with, together with, accompanied by, followed by, and +no/not BZ¨vw` Øviv hy³ `yÕwU noun ev pronoun- Abymv‡i verb e‡m| †hgbt
Nipu, as well as her brothers, (be) good. (is)
I, and not Kamal, (has) done it. (have)
Rule-6. Not only…. But also, or Ges nor Øviv hy³ `y Bev Z‡ZvwaK noun/pronoun Gi †ÿ‡Î me©‡kl  noun/pronoun- wU Abymv‡i verb e‡m|
You or he (be) present that day. (was)
Neither she nor her sisters (have) done it. (have)
Rule-7 GKK `~iZ¡, cwigvY, mgq, IRb, eqm, A_© BZ¨vw` plural n‡jI c‡ii verb wU mvaviYZ singular  n‡e| †hgbt
Fifty miles (be) a long distance. (is)
Twelve years (be) Jerry's age. (was)
Rule-8. Infinitive, gerund, verbal noun, clause BZ¨vw` ev‡K¨i subject wn‡m‡e _vK‡j mvaviYZ H  subject ‡K  3rd person singular number wn‡m‡e MY¨ K‡I †mB Abymv‡i c‡ii verb emv‡Z n‡e| †hgbt-
To tell lies (be) a great sin. (is)
The reading of novels (be) interesting. (is)
That you finished the novels (be) known to me. (was
Rule- 9 And Øviv hy³ GKvwaK  noun hw` GKB e¯‘ ev GKB fve wb‡`©k K‡i Z‡e subject I verb DfqwU singular n‡e|
Bread and butter (be) my favourite breakfast. (is)
Slow and steady (win) the race. (wins)
The horse and carriage (be) at the gate. (is)
Rule-10 Collective noun – Gi c‡i mvaviYZ Singular verb e‡m| wKš‘, wew”QbœZv/wfbœZv †evSv‡j Collective noun Gi c‡i plural verb e‡m| †hgbt
The jury (be) giving its verdict today. (is)
The jury (be) divided into two groups. (were)
Rule-11. Adjective – Gi c‡e© The em‡j Zv plural verb ‡evSvq| ZLb c‡ii verb wU I plural nq| †hgbt
The poor (be) born to suffer. (are)
Rule-12. Information, news, scenery, machinery, advice, furniture, wages, poetry, issue, brick, hair, alphabet, luggage, politics, physics, economics, mathematics, ethics, civics, statistics, the United States of America BZ¨vw` mvaviYZ Singular wn‡m‡e e¨eüZ nq Ges G‡`i c‡i verb I Singular nq| †hgbt
The scenery of Cox's Bazar (be) charming. (is)
Rule-13 Relative pronoun Gi c‡ii verb wU mvaviYZ relative pronoun-  Gi wVK c~‡e©i  noun/pronoun  A_©vr antecedent (c~e©c`) Abymv‡i e‡m| †hgbt-
It is I who (be) responsible. (am)
It was you who (be) to blame. (were)
He is one of those who (do) not smoke. (do)
Rule-14 Hardly/scarcely+had+subject+past participle form of verb……+when+subject+past form of verb….
Hardly/scarcely we (reach) the college when the bell rang. (had we reached)
Rule-15. All Gi c‡i plural verb e‡m| Z‡e, cÖev` ev‡K¨I †ÿ‡Î all Gi c‡i  Singular verb e‡m|  
They all (be) students). (are)
All that (glitter) is not gold. (glitters)
Rule-16. Uncountable noun (hv MYbv Kiv hvq bv) Ges abstract noun (hv Øviv e¨w³ ev e¯‘I ¸Y, †`vl, Ae¯’v, KvR BZ¨vw` †evSvq) memgq Singular nq Ges G‡`i c‡i  Singular verb e‡m|
Truthfulness (be) a great virtue.(is)
Knowledge (be) power. (is)
Swimming (be) a good exercise. (is)
Rule-17. Many a/an- Gi c‡i noun I verb singular nq wKš‘ many – Gi c‡i I noun I verb DfqB plural nq| †hgbt
Many a rich man (live) here. (lives)
Many Poor men (live) in this town. (live)

Active/Passive
Rule-1. Active voice G  subject+vt+obj _v‡K Ges Passive voice-G subject Gi c‡i passive auxiliary Ges g~j verb wUi past participle form e‡m|
I (kill)  a bird yesterday. (killed)
English (speak) all over the world. (is spoken)
Rule-2. Die, occur, issue, continue, appear, disappear, wonder, despair, consist, ensue BZ¨vw` verb- ¸‡jv intransitive  wn‡m‡e e¨eüZ nq| d‡j G‡`i Passive voice-nq bv| †hgbt
His father (die) last year. (died)
The fog (disperse). (dispersed)
The book (belong) to me. (belongs)
A quarrel (ensue) at this. (ensued)
Our family (consist) of five members. (consists)
Infinitive /Gerund/ Present Participle/ Past Participle
Rule-1. Modal auxiliaries (can, could, may, might, shall, should, will, would, must , ought to), have to , had to, cannot but, could not but, let, make, used to, do/does/did+nothing but, would rather, had better/best, am/is/are/was/were+to, be+going to, do/does/did, infinitive 'to' BZ¨vw`i c‡ii verb wUi base form e‡m|
Would you (mind) singing a song? (mind)
You had better (leave) the place. (leave)
He used to (read) The Daily Ittefaq. (read)
He did nothing but (sing). (sing)
Rule-2. See, find, watch, notice, hear BZ¨vw` transitive verb- Gi c‡i D‡jøwLZ  verb wUi base form ev ing form e¨envi Kiv hvq| passive ev‡K¨i †ÿ‡Î verb-  wUi base form Gi c~‡e© to e‡m|
I saw him (go go). (go/going)
She was heard (sing) a song. (to sing)
Rule-3 Avoid, finish, prefer, enjoy, mind, object, practice, remember, feel like, busy, worth, with, a view to, look forward to, resort to, devoted to, addicted to, be/get+used to, accustomed to, inured to, habituated to, it is no use/good, can/could not help, can/could not bear BZ¨vw`i c‡i verb Gi m‡½ ing e‡m|
I feel like (cry). (crying)
He is used to (gamble). (gambling) 
Rule-4. Preposition Gi c‡i verb Gi gerund A_©vr (verb+ing) from  e‡m|
Without (study) hard, you cannot pass. (studying)
Before (go) to college, he had has bath. (going)
Rule-5. Simple sentence- G D‡jøwLZ `yÕwU Kv‡Ri g‡a¨ GKwU KvR Av‡M I Ab¨ KvRwU A‡cÿvK…Z c‡i n‡j †h KvRwU Av‡M nq Zv eySv‡Z Present participle A_©vr (verb+ing) e‡m|
I went to bed (learn) my lessons. (learning)
(pass) the HSC examination, the boy took honours in English. (Passing)
Rule-6. Subject+get/have/want+object- Gi c‡i verb Gi past participle form e‡m|
They had the house (paint). (painted)
I have got my hair (cut). (cut)
He wanted the work (do). (done)
Rule-7. Being, having, to be BZ¨vw`i c‡i verb _vK‡j Zvi past participle form e‡m|
Being (displease), he left the place. (displeased)
The principal wanted the notice to be (hang). (hung)
Rule-8. Have, has, had, shall have, will have, should have, would have, could have, might have, must have BZ¨vw`i c‡ii verb wUi past participle form e‡m|
Have you (have) your meal? (Had)
I could/Might have (do) the work yesterday. (done)
Tenses
Rule-1. Always, daily, every+time(everyday, every week, every year etc), generally, never, normally, (very) often, ordinarily, regularly, now and then, occasionally, sometimes, usually BZ¨vw` _vK‡j evK¨wU mvaviYZ present indefinite tense G nq | Z‡e, past habit (AZxZ Af¨vm) eySv‡j evK¨wU past indefinite – G n‡e|
My brother (read) the New Age everyday. (reads)
When you usually (come) to college? (do you usually come)
I (be) never absent from school. (was) (past habit)
Rule-2. Universal truth (wPišÍb mZ¨) Ges habitual fact (Af¨vmMZ ev¯ÍeZv) †evSv‡j evK¨wU present indefinite tense- G nq|
The sun (set) in the west. (sets)
Light (remove) darkness. (removes)
Ill news (run) fast. (runs)
Rule-3. eZ©gvbKv‡j †Kv‡bv KvR Pj‡Q Giƒc †evSv‡j evK¨wU mvaviYZ Present continuous tense- G nq| G‡ÿ‡Î, ev‡K¨ now,at present, at this moment BZ¨vw` _vK‡Z cv‡i|
They (play) cricket now. (are playing)
I (read) the book at this moment. (am reading)
Rule-4. Already, every, just, just now, lately, recently, yet BZ¨vw` _vK‡j evK¨ mvaviYZ present Perfect tense- G nq|
They already (pass) the SSC examination. (have already passed)
We just (reach) the college. (have just reached)
Rule-5 For/since+ mgq _vK‡j A_ev †Kvb KvR `xN© mgq/wbw`©ó mgq hver msNwUZ nIqv †evSv‡j evK¨wU mvaviYZ Present perfect continuous tense- G nq|  Z‡e past/future perfect continuous tense- I n‡Z cv‡i|
They (live) here for a long time. (have been livein)
Shamima (wait) for you for an hour. (has been/had been/will have been waiting)
Rule-6. Yesterday, past+mgq/ last mgq (last night, last week etc), ago, long ago, long since, before, back, in the past, in those days BZ¨vw` AZxZ/MZ wb‡`©kK kã _vK‡j GgbwK AZxZ Kv‡ji †Kvb mvj D‡jøL _vK‡jI evK¨wU past indefinite tense- I nq|
He (leave) the room ten minutes ago. (left)
I (visit) the zoo last week. (visited)
Rule-7. AZxZKv‡j †Kvb KvR PjwQj Giƒc †evSv‡j mvaviYZ evK¨ past continuous tense- G nq| G‡ÿ‡Î, ev‡K¨I g‡a¨ then, at that time  BZ¨vw` _vK‡Z cv‡i|
Then I (write) a letter. (was writing)
At that time I (sleep) in my room. (was sleeping)
Rule-8. While Gi c‡iB verb _vK‡j verb wUi m‡½ ing hy³ nq| wKš‘ while+subject Gi c‡i verb _vK‡j past continuous tense- G n‡e|
While (go) to college, I saw a dead cow. (going)
While he (walk) along the road, a snake bit him. (was walking)
Don't gossip while (read). (reading)
Rule-9 Infinitive- Gi c~‡e© Aew¯’ 'go' verb- wU mvaviYZ continuous tense- G nq|
He (go) to start a business. (is going)
I (go) to drink one thing only. (am going)
Rule-10. By this time/By+ mgq (by morning, by Sunday etc) _vK‡j evK¨wU mvaviYZ future perfect tense- G nq|
They (reach) by this time/by afternoon. (will have reached)
He (return) by Monday next (will have returned)
I (finish) the book by June 2004 . (will have finished) 
Rule-11. Tommorrow, next/coming+ mgq (next month, coming year) GgbwK fwel¨Z Kv‡ji †Kvb mvj _vK‡jI evK¨wU future indefinite tense-  G nq|
I (leave) for Dhaka tomorrow. (shall leave)
We (visit) The zoon next week. (shall visit)
Our final exam (begin) tomorrow. (will begin) 
Rule-12. mvaviYZ compound ev complex sentence Gi GKwU  finite verb past indefinite tense- G n‡j Ab¨ finite verb I past indefinite tense-  G nq|
The boy finished his work and (go) to the playground. (went)
I(see) him and talked to him. (saw)
As they studied hard, they (pass) the exams. (passed)
Rule-13. That Gi c~‡e©i clause- wU past indefinite tense- _vK‡j that Gi c‡ii clause- wU mvavibZ Past perfect tense- G nq| KvR `yÕwU Av‡M c‡I †evSv‡jI Av‡Mi KvRwUi Rb¨ Past perfect tense I c‡ii KvRwUi Rb¨ Past Indefinite tense nq| Z‡e That Gi c‡ii clause wU habit cÖKvk Ki‡j H clause- wU past indefinite tense G n‡e| Avevi universal truth cÖKvk Ki‡j clause- wU present indefinite tense-G nq|
He said that he (visit) the Tajmahal. (had visited)
You told me that you (finish) the work. (had finished)
The teacher said that the earth (g) round the sun. (goes)
Rule-14. After Gi wVK c‡ii clause- wU past perfect tense- Ges Ab¨ clause- wU past indefinite tense- G nq| Avevi before Gi c‡ii clause- wU past indefinite tense- G Ges Ab¨ clause- wU past perfect tense- G nq|
After I (finish) the work, I went to bed (had finished)
The train had left before we (reach) the station. (reached)
Rule-15. When/after Gi c~‡e©i clause wU present ev future indefinite tense n‡j c‡ii clause- wU mvavibZ present  perfect tense- G nq|
Return me the book after you (finish) reading it. (have finished)
They will enter the classroom when they (sing) the national anthem. (have sung)
Rule-16. Since Gi c~‡e©i clause wU present tense n‡j c‡ii clause- wU past indefinite tense- G nq| Avevi, Since- Gi c~‡e©i clause wU  past tense n‡j c‡ii clause- wU past perfect tense- G nq|
Three years have passed/It is three years since we (pass) the SSC exam. (passed)
It was long since I (see) her last. (had seen)
Rule-17. Principal clause wU present/future tense  _vK‡j Ab¨ clause- I present/future tense – nq| Z‡e hyw³msMZ A_© cÖKvk Ki‡j Zv past tense I n‡Z cv‡i|
Students go to college and (gain) knowledge. (gain)
I know when he (come). (comes/came/will come)
Rule-18. I wish, I like, if, would that BZ¨vw` Øviv AvKv•ÿv cÖKvk Kiv nq| G‡ÿ‡Î, G‡`I cieZx© subject- Gi c‡ii verb-wU 'be' verb n‡j were/could be e‡m| Be verb bv n‡q Ab¨ †Kvb verb  n‡j †m verb wUi past form/could+present form e‡m|
I wish I (be) a king. (were/could be)
I like I *play) with the children. (played/could play)
Rule- 19 . I fancy, would rather that, it is time, it is high time BZ¨vw`i c‡i subject- _vK‡j Zvi c‡ii verb wUi past form A_©vr past indefinite tense nq| Z‡e, it is time Gi c‡i subject- bv _v‡K mivmwi verb _vK‡j H verb wUi c~‡e© to e‡m| A_©vr verb wUi Infinitive nq|
I fancy I (turn) a trifle pale. (turned)
It is high time you (study) hard. (studied)
It is time (go) to college. (to go)
Rule-20. As if/as though Gi c~‡ei© clause- wU present tense G n‡j c‡ii clause wU mvavibZ past indefinite tense nq| G‡ÿ‡Î, past indefinite tense G Be verb memgq were nq|
You talk as if you (know) everything. (knew)
The man acts as though he (be) a fool. (were)
Avevi As if/as though Gi c~‡e©i  clause- wU past tense- G _vK‡j c‡ii clause wU past perfect tense – G nq|
You talked as if you (know) everything. (had known)
The man acted as though he (be) a fool. (had been)
Rule-21. If clause- wU present indefinite tense G _vK‡j Aci clause wU mvavibZ future indefinite tense- G nq| Avevi, present indefinite tense- I n‡Z cv‡i|
If we read more, we (learn) more. (will learn)
If it rains, I (not go) out, (do/shall not go)
Rule-22. If clause- wU present tense- G _vK‡j Aci clause wU subject+would/could/might+verb- Gi base form' MV‡b _v‡K|
If we studied well, we (pass). (might pass)
If I had a lot of money, I (help) the poor. (would help)
Note: Subject- Gi c‡i Aew¯’Z were/had- ‡K subject- Gi c~‡e© if- Gi  ¯’v‡b (if -Gi cwie‡Z©) emv‡jI GKB A_© cÖKvk K‡i| †m‡ÿ‡Î c‡ii clause- wU wbw`©ó wbq‡gB n‡e|
Were I rich, I (help) the poor, (would help)
Had I the wings of a bird, I (fly) in the sky. (Would/could fly)
Rule-23 If clause wU past perfect tense- G _vK‡j Aci clause-wUi Ôsubject+would/could/might+have+past participle form of verb' MVb nq|
If you had walked faster, you (not miss) the train. (would not have missed)
Had I been a bird, I (fly) in the sky. (would have flown)
Rule-24 No sooner+had+subject+past participle form of verb... + than+subject+past form of verb....
No soorner we (reach) the station than the train left. (had we reached)
Rule-25. Hardly/scarcely+had+subject+past participle form of verb...+when+subject+past form of verb...
Hardly he (hear) news when he burst into tears. (had he heard)
Scarcely we (reach) the class when the bell rang. (had we reached)

Post a Comment

0 Comments